Relevance assessment of query document pairs is expensive and boring? It does not have to be. We are currently developing a playful means of determining relevance. We select keywords from the pages and ask judges to associate them to topics in a game.
Please follow the link to the current version of the GeAnn annotation game.
The 8th European Summer School on Information Retrieval (ESSIR) just closed its gates. This year’s edition was held in Koblenz, Germany and featured an interesting and well-balanced program taught by some of the leading minds in IR research and application.
- Hinrich Schütze – IR Foundations & Formal Models
- Vladimir Batagelj – Graph models and methods in IR
- Stefan Rüger – Multimedia IR
- Ricardo Baeza-Yates – Web Retrieval, IR in the Cloud
- Andreas Hotho – IR in Social Media
- Peter Ingwersen – Evaluation Methodology and Experimental Design
- Duc Thanh Tran – IR for Structured Data
This broad range of lectures was accompanied by a keynote address on future directions in IR by Nigel Shadbolt, two co-located workshops and a beautiful late summer in the Rhine-Mosel area.